mandag 14. mars 2011

Akarusa Yami: Third Eye, Wide Open (2011)

A new metal band are emerging from the UK in the shape of Akarusa Yami. I don't know too much about them, but as I was sent a taster from their forthcoming debut album “Ouroborous” today I gave the song a listen or five, and was suitably impressed.
What a band stands for is hard to tell based on one track, but if the aggressive, pounding staccato thrash exemplified in Third Eye, Wide Open is a good example of their musical exploits metal fans have something to look forward to indeed.
Nuclear Assault, Killing Joke and Fear Factory were names that quickly arose in my mind, with the occasional quirkiness of the former two and the aggression of the latter as the main pointers to my associations. Others more up to date on the metal scene than I am will probably find better references.

This is a fine piece of dark, aggressive metal, and the band wants anyone curious to examine it themselves.
Right now it's streaming right here, and on April 4th it will also be freely and legally downloadable from the same place for anyone just dying to shove it in to their collection of iPod tunes. Personally I think and hope many will, as this is a band that appears to be worthwhile keeping track of.

Ingen kommentarer: